Shimla: To ensure participation of people of Himachal Pradesh for constructing ‘Statue of Unity’: the World’s tallest 182- meter statue, a dream project of Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP Prime Minister Candidate Narender Modi, a delegation from Gujarat today visited Shimla and appealed Himachali farmer to donate their old agricultural tools, which will be used in its construction.
A Delegation was led by Prof. Vasuben Trivedi, Gujarat Minister of State for Higher Education. While briefing media personnel at Shimla, Trivedi revealed that Gujarat Govt under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, constructing a world’s tallest statue ‘Statue of Unity’ at Sadhubet, near Sardar Sarovar Dam on the banks of river Narmada under the aegis of ‘The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust’. She said that along with the construction of this statue, the massage of unity will be sent to each village of the nation by a range of planned programs.
Modi laid foundation stone of ‘Statue of Unity’ on October 31, the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel and iron collection campaign will be started off from 15 December; on death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Apart from iron, soil and water will also be collected from every village of India and will be placed at museum near statue.
Prof. Trivedi said that Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel had united as many as 562 princely states of the nation and fulfilled the dream of united India. She added that Sardar Patel is a constant inspiration of unity and integrity for the nation. The creation of the world’s tallest statue, in true sense, will become a monument of India’s unity.
With the slogan of “Ek Bharat, Shresth Bharat”, the Gujarat delegation urged every citizen to co-operate in this noble cause and send a message of powerful, prosperous and united India to the outer world.
“Statue of Unity” – Technical and other details
• The world’s tallest statue, ‘Statue of Unity’ ‘will be erected at Sadhubet, about 3.32 km far from Sardar Sarovar dam.
• It will be even three times taller than America’s most popular liberty goddess’ statue called, ‘Statue of Liberty’.
• For constructing this statue, most advanced and long-lastingly efficient designs and technologies will be used.
• Advanced elevator facility to enjoy wonderful scenery of Narmada Dam from 450 feet high spectator gallery.
• Made up of structural steel framework, this statue can sustain during adverse weather and will be resistant to heavy winds and earthquake. Damper and perforated penal are used to construct this statue in order to resist the wind load.
• The construction of this statue will be under PPP model.
• It is planned here to establish agriculture research center and Kamdhenu University.
• Equal opportunities for the development will take place by protecting the environment of the developing territories nearby river Narmada.
• Advanced demonstration and laser light show encompassing the incidents of Sardar Patel’s life will be prepared here.
• Virtual tour explaining an array of aspects of Sardar Sarovar Yojana and research and developmental activities including subjects such as water management and scheduled tribe upliftment programs will take place.
• Ferry service will be made available to visit “Statue of Unity” for all the visitors.
To promote ‘Statue of Unity’ project in every nook and corner of the Nation, the party is organising nationwide marathons. This unique marathon, ‘Run for Unity’, will be held at 565 places on his death anniversary on December 15, 2013. In Shimla marathon will be started from mall road to Chaura Maidan. The party is also conducting an essay competition on India’s unity and integrity, which will be organized in every secondary and higher secondary school of the village and first three winners, will be given prizes at district and state level.
Prof. Vasuben Trivedi was accompanied by Pankajbhai Desai, Chief Whip, Natuji Thakor, MP, Dr. Nimaben Acharya, Keshaji Chauhan, Jagadishbhai Panchal, Dr. D.T.Maniya, Yogeshbhai Patel, Ajaybhai Choksi, MLA, Purushottambhai Vasoya, Jamnagar District Panchayat President and Mahendrasinh Rana, Mayor, Gandhinagar. former cabinet minister Jairam Tahkur, Shimla MLA Suresh Bhardwaj, party spokesperson Ganesh Dutt, BJYM state president Sunil Thakur and other party members were present with the delegation.