Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh presented the Economic Survey 2013-14 of Himachal Pradesh in the Vidhan Sabha here today. This document has been prepared by Economics and Statistics Department, Himachal Pradesh. The main highlights of the document are…
1. The Growth rate of the Pradesh for the current financial year, 2013-14 has been estimated at 6.2 % which is more than the previous year. Per Capita Income is estimated at ` 92,300 during 2013-14.
2. The GSDP of State at current prices in 2012-13 increased to `73,710 crore from `64,957 crore in 2011-12 and as per advanced estimates it is likely to be about ` 82,585 crore in 2013-14.
3. The growth rate during Eleventh Plan i.e. 2007-12 has been the same both for Himachal Pradesh and All India which is 8.0%.
4. 1,706 Bank branches are functioning in the State as on 30.9.2013. This has increased by 142 Banks from the previous year.
5. The Credit Deposit Ratio of Pradesh is 60.20.
6. The total revenue of `3280.51 crore have been moblised upto December, 2013.
7. During December 2012 to December 2013 the All India WPI increased by 6.2%.
8. The CPI for H.P increased by 11.2% in November, 2013 as against 11.5% at National level.
9 . There are 17,38,383 ration card holders which are being provided with essential commodities through 4,781 fair price shops.
10. Rajiv Gandhi Anna Yojna has been started in the State from 20th September , 2013.
11. The Agriculture sector in the State generates about 15% to the total Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP).
12. 5,84,568 Kisan Credit Cards have been distributed upto September 2013.
13. Kissan Call Centre Toll Free Number 1800-180-1551 has been established for getting information on agriculture from 6A.M. To 10P.M.
14. During the year 2012-13, the food-grains production was 15.68 lakh MTs against the production of 15.44 lakh MTs during the year 2011-12, thus registered a increase of 1.6 percent. For 2013-14 it is anticipated at 15.16 lakh MTs.
15. Fruit production was 8.28 lakh tonnes in 2013-14 (upto Dec., 2013) against 5.56 lakh tonnes in 2012-13. Apple constitutes about 89% of total fruit production. During 2013-14 (upto Dec., 2013) 7.39 lakh tonnes of apple were produced against 4.12 lakh tonnes in 2012-13.
16. Under Crop Insurance Scheme the subsidy on the premium has been raised from 10% to 50% to the small and marginal farmers.
17. The Government has approved the implementation of Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) and 17,351 farmers are benefited.
18. During the year 2012-13, One State Level Hospital, 331 Veterinary Hospitals, 1762 Veterinary Dispensaries / Centres, 30 Central Veterinary Dispensaries 7 Polyclinics and 6 Veterinary check posts provide veterinary aid in the State.
19. Two children of sheep breeders studying in 9th to 12th classes are provided with scholarship of `1,200 per year.
20. 1.00 has been increased in milk procurement rates w.e.f. 1.04.2013 which will benefit 37,400 families.
21. There are 822 milk producers Co-operative Societies, out of this 185 are women dairy co-operative societies.
22. 28,894 hand pumps have been installed upto March, 2013.
23. There are 494 medium and large scale industries and about 39,819 small scale industries with a total investment of about `17,339.89 crore working in the State. These industries provide employment to about 2.79 lakh persons.
24. Out of the total assessed hydel potential of 23,000 MW, only 8,432 MW has been harnessed upto Dec. 2013 by various agencies which is 36.66% of the total potential.
25. The total road length was 34,945 Kms. in the State as on 31.12.2013 and 9,987 villages were connected with roads. An outlay of `812.55 crores has been provided for the year 2013-14.
26. Under Him Gramin Parivhan Swarojar Yojna new permits are granted to the un-employed youth on newly opened roads.
27. There are 63 operational helipads in the State
28. 161.46 lakh tourists visited Himachal Pradesh during the year 2012.
29. During the year 10,739 Primary Schools, 2,349 Middle Schools, 827 High Schools, 1,370 Senior Secondary Schools and 72 Degree Colleges were functioning in the State.
30. The State Government is providing free text books to the students belonging to S.C., S.T., O.B.C. &I.R.D.P families.
31. Free education is being provided to girl students in the State upto University level including vocational and professional courses.
32. To improve the quality of education, girls hostel are set up in the Educationally Backward Blocks.
33. The intake capacity of students in Technical Education at Degree level is 7,980, B-Pharmacy 1,000, Diploma level 10,858 and ITI’s/ITC’s 33,506.
34. Medical and Family Welfare Services were provided through a net work of 55 Civil Hospitals, 77 Community Health Centres, 476 Primary Health Centres and 11 ESI/Civil Dispensaries & 2,065 Sub Centres etc. besides other Private Institutions.
35. Ayurvedic treatment was provided through 2 Regional Hospitals, 2 Circle Hospitals, 3 Tribal Hospitals, 9 District Hospitals 14 Ten/Twenty bedded Hospitals and 1,108 Ayurvedic health centres , 3 Unani health centres, 14 Homeopathic health centres and one nature cure hospital during 2013-14.
36. Under Social Security Schemes, the old age pension is given @ `500 per month to all the persons of 60 years or above, having annual income below `9000.
37. The marriage grant has been raised to `25,000 under Mukhya Mantri Kanyadaan Yojna.
38. Under Beti Hai Anmol Scheme`10,000 is to be deposited in favour of girl child taking birth in BPL family in post office upto 18 years.
39. Under National Rural Livelihood Mission assistance to `3,500 women will be provided.
40. Under “Indira Awas Yojna”, a target of 7,064 was proposed for construction.
41. Under Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme total 159.67 lakh mandays have been generated and employment has been provided to 4,09,999 families up to November 2013.
42. Under SJSRY, a sum of ` 27.00 lakh has been provided as a State share for benefitting the identified urban poor families.
43. Under Rajiv Awas Yojna 300 dwelling units are proposed to be constructed during 2013-14.
44. 2 crore has been provided for the construction of Panchayat Ghar under State Finance Commission.
45. Under Aadhar scheme 65,88,931 residents have been enrolled out total population of 68,64,602. Aadhar of 62,90,434 have been generated.
46. Free travelling facility in HRTC buses to all students of Govt. schools.
47. Incentive money of `50,000 is being provided to the inter-caste couple.
48. For better and speedy work State has implemented Service Guarantee Act.
49. The State has been adjudged the best state among the big states in the field of health and investment.
50. An amount of ` 1,000 is being provided to eligible literate unemployed youths under skill development scheme.