Four electrocuted at Paleur village of Chamba

68

Four people were killed and five were critically injured after an electric current seeped into some houses at Paleur village of Chamba town.

Officials said that a technical snag in a transformer in Paleur village led to electricity seeping into around 40 houses on Saturday night, resulting in the tragic incident.

The deceased had been identified as Lambi Devi (45), Nitin (43), Harinder (19) and Hitesh (15), while the injured were Nimo Devi (44), Hina (20), Maan Singh (39), Tilak Raj (37) and Chinto Devi (35).

The injured have been admitted to a government hospital in Chamba. Villagers said that the villagers were forced to spend the night outside their houses.