In a tragic incident a mother-son duo was burnt alive when the Jhuggi they were sleeping in caught fire at Baddi on the Suncity Road. The incident occurred when the Jhuggi belonging to migrant labourer Narotam Ram hailing from the Badayu area of Uttar Pradesh was burnt and his 24-year-old wife Kanti Devi and two-year-old son Shravan Kumar were sleeping inside.
The sudden fire left no scope for the mother to escape and by the time neighbouring Jhuggi dwellers came to their rescue the fire had engulfed the duo.
According to the to initial police investigations it is believed that fire started from kerosene lamp burning inside the Jhoggi. Firemen from nearby fire stations rushed to the spot around 9:30 pm and managed to douse the fire within minutes.