In the past five years, we saw BJP government laying foundation stones, inaugurating various projects and announcing future projects as well. Congress, however, has come out all guns blazing to reveal that it had already proposed, confirmed and initiated most of these projects during its tenure, i.e. five years before the present BJP government took over. Things are no different when it comes to emphasizing developmental works in Jubbal-Kotkhai region, Congress claims.
Here’s a brief synopsis of some projects started by Virbhadra Singh government (Claimed Congress) which BJP claims to be their government’s successful plans:
• World Bank granted INR 228 crores for upgrading the Theog-Kotkhai-Hatkoti-Rohru road during Virbhadra’s tenure. The tenders were given to M/s Longjian Road and Bridge Limited Company, China, in 2007 itself
• In order to provide All Weather Connectivity to upper Shimla region, Congress government conducted a DPR & Geological Survey and finalized a budget plan of INR 246 crores – includes six other tunnels as well – to construct a tunnel near Khada Pathhar. The BJP government, however, canceled the plan. When former MLA and Congress candidate, Rohit Thakur publicized this issue in press and on several other stages, BJP government had to include this project in the finalized list of six proposed tunnels.
• Congress was instrumental in providing State Priority to Rohru-Jubbal-Kotkhai-Chhaila-Sainj-Solan as Express Way-Corridor.
• Congress government sanctioned INR 110 crore toward road construction to Jubbal-Kotkhai region.
• During the tenure of Virbhadra government, NABARD/Bharat Nirman Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojana, World Bank/CRF sanctioned INR 85 crore for maintenance of roads in the region.
• Yet another achievement includes Accelerated Irrigated Benefit Program (AIBP) for ensuring smooth running of irrigation projects.
While the ruling party claims the above mentioned projects as their plans, Congress thinks otherwise and has enough testimonials to support the same. However, to conclude, we’ll keep a close tab on the political scenario and accordingly, update you about the same.