Himachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj and Rural Development Minister Anil Sharma called on union Panchayati Raj Minister V. Kishore Chandra S. Deo in New Delhi today and raised the various issues related to the state.

Anil Sharma said that centre has agreed to release the balance amount of around 3 crore under backward region grant funds to the state. He said that state is entitled the grant of Rs 30.22 crore under the fund to Sirmour and Chamba district of the state. He told that Chamba district is entitled for the grant of Rs 16.65 crore while the Sirmour district is entitled for grant of Rs 13.57 crore for the year 2012-13.He said that ministry has released the 90% amount to the state under the backward region grant funds while the remaining 10% grant has not been released so far despite of taking up the matter with the concerned ministry repeatedly. He said that union ministry has agreed to release the balance amount of around 3 crore fund to the state immediately and necessary instruction has also been issued to the bureaucratic level to release the fund immediately.

Minister said that center Govt has also agreed to declare the Panchayati Raj training institute Baijnath as extension training center and added that the case has already been sent to the ministry by the state Govt. He requested the union Govt to provide funding in the ratio of 90:10 to the state Govt under Rajeev Gandhi Panchayat Shashaktikaran Abhiyan and told that state is getting the funds in the ratio of 75:25 and requested the union Govt to treat the state at par with north eastern state.

Union Minister assured that he would bring the issue of grant of 90:10 to the State to cabinet for favourable decision.

Previous articleBilaspur MLA seeks CM’s intervention in conversion of plot earmarked for Bhakra Dam oustees
Next articleGovt Ayurveda College Paprola donates 2.25 lakh towards CM Relief Fund
The News Himachal seeks to cover the entire demographic of the state, going from grass root panchayati level institutions to top echelons of the state. Our website hopes to be a source not just for news, but also a resource and a gateway for happenings in Himachal.