In the devastating fire in the Deoth Sidh market has caused an estimated loss of about Rs 50 lakh. An employee of Mahant of Baba Balak Nath temple reportedly died of shock after witnessing the fire.

The fire was spotted at about midnight and till then it had spread to the considerable area. It took around four hours to tab on it. In fire 13 kiosks and five shops, selling prashad and were destroyed. SDM, Badsar, OP Thakur said, “As per preliminary findings, the fire started from a spark caused by hanging electricity wires on a nearby electricity pole due to strong wind.”

Rattan Chand, an employee of the Baba Balak Nath temple, Deoth Sidh, who was staying in a nearby building, reportedly died of a heart attack after witnessing the fire. DC, Hamirpur, Rajinder Singh has announced Rs 10,000 each as relief to the affected shopkeepers.