The Indian citizens who are staying abroad and absenting from their place of ordinary residence owing to employment, education or otherwise, and has not acquired citizenship of any other country and not included in the electoral roll, are entitled to have their name registered in the electoral roll of the constituency in which their place of residence in India is located as per mentioned in their passport. Chief Electoral Officer Manoj Kumar discloses it.

He said that every overseas elector whose place of residence in India is located in Himachal Pradesh and had completed 18 years of age as on 1st January, 2011 and was desirous of registering their name in electoral roll were invited to submit claim application in Form-6A for registration in electoral roll of the constituency in which their place of residence as shown in the passport is located. He said that the form is available on website of election department and also with Electoral Registration Officers, the additional District Magistrates and Sub Divisional Magistrates.

He added that the claim application in Form-6A may be either submitted in person directly to the registration officer of the constituency concerned or sent to such registration officer by post alongwith the documents mentioned in Form-6A. If the claim application is sent by post, it should be accompanied by photocopies of the relevant pages of the passport duly self-attested. He said that addresses of the registration officers of each of the 68 Assembly constituencies in the State of Himachal Pradesh can also be seen here.